HWB MS Office
Every student in Wales is entitled to download a copy of Microsoft Office for PC or Mac totally FREE ! thanks to Welsh Government
If you can share the message with parents especially this time of the year, they may be purchasing Laptops or PC’s for Christmas.
To get your child's HWB login details to download Microsoft Office please go to http://hwb.abercarnprimary.com and fill out the user request form.
The agreement for Microsoft 365 A3 includes:
- Access to the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook
- 5 installs on desktop or mobile devices
- Minecraft: Education Edition and Code Builder
Users with a Microsoft A3 licence applied will be able to download Office 365 ProPlus on up to 5 personal devices including PCs, Macs and mobile devices.
Whilst the User Management Portal and provisioning service will handle licence allocation, software downloads will be available directly from the Hwb Office 365 tenant:
- Log in to Hwb and navigate to Office 365.
- Click on the Install Office dropdown (in the top right hand corner).
- Click Install software.
- Under My installs, click Install Office.
- Follow the on-screen instructions (installation can take a while depending on the Internet connection speed).
- Once installed, open an app such as Word and read and accept "The fine print".
- A pop up will appear asking you to select a Default File Type. Select Office Open XML formats > Click OK.
- Click Sign in to get the most out of Office (in the top right hand corner) and enter your Hwb username and password. This will connect the additional services to the Office installation, such as OneDrive.
- If using Windows 10, accept the prompt. You may wish to un-tick Allow my organization to manage my device and select This app only.